Be a smart investor in the future of our planet.
Whether or not you believe that the way we have been living up till now is damaging our environment, there is an increasing trend by architects to design ZEB buildings (ZERO ENERGY BUILDINGS) – that create zero net carbon emissions and consume zero net energy. However, for those of us who are comfortable living in our existing homes and work places, which are probably NOT very eco friendly, can we retrofit our properties to improve our lifestyle while protecting our fragile environment at the same time?
Of course, the answer is a resounding YES.
Attractive deals on solar panels, window films, thermal glass, energy saving lighting and wind technology are enabling the average home owner, schools and businesses to harvest energy on site and operate completely off the power grid.
But there is something MUCH more ‘low tech’, MUCH more beautiful and MUCH more pleasurable to the senses than these high tech elements which will dramatically contribute not only to the health of the environment but INSTANTLY and directly contribute to our own sense of well being. I refer of course, to Greenwalls and vertical gardens.
Melbourne CBD has started to green it’s rooftops and install Greenwalls to reduce heat loss and maximise cooling – no doubt on this scale it will be a costly initial exercise, requiring the collective knowledge and labour of a team of architects, engineers and specialists in the landscaping industry. It is also going to take years to implement.
The good news is that you and I can do our bit for the environment, consciously or by default, by installing one of the many vertical garden systems on the market today and having fresh produce on our doorstep. The Garsy Greenwall DIY kit system is one which can be successfully installed and maintained without the need for a green thumb and assembled within the space of a couple of hours. If veggies aren’t your thing or you prefer an ‘aesthetic’ feature - plant foliage.
Easy, instant retrofit with the Garsy system:
With a Garsy system, the benefits of a vertical garden are yours, whether you want a veggie garden and only have 300mm of space or you’re looking to retrofit a large Greenwall to bring an old building to life and cut down on the power bills.
Retrofitting with a GarsyGreenwall DIY kit is simple because:
- no underground services are disturbed
- kits go up in lifts
- kits are quickly assembled using only basic tools
- kits are durable, made from long life- galvanised steel or rigid plastic
- kits are portable- take them with you when you move, great for renters
- kits have a tiny footprint and can be stabilised for ‘dodgy walls/fences
- system allows for tiers to be interchanged/individually irrigated
- system does not have the risks associated with hydroponic systems
- double sided systems can be used for zoning or screening
- there are no complex irrigation systems to worry about
- the product range is flexible enough for you to design your own layout
’Greenie’ or not, a vertical garden will improve your lifestyle – and the life of the planet.