With the popularity and versatility of vertical gardening systems, there are now several designs of greenwalls on the market for both aesthetic features and productive gardens.
It is important to have an understanding of the strengths of each system so you can create the effect you seek, not only for the weeks after installation but in the years to come.
One of the first decisions you will have to make
Whether to choose a soil based system or a hydroponic one.
Most vertical garden systems on the market have limited planting surface and must be attached to a wall.
You DON'T dig in them! Garsy® Greenwall gives you a choice.
GARSY® Greenwalls can be either wall mounted OR used as freestanding 'living furniture',allowing planting on all sides and affording traditional, 'DIG IN' gardening pleasure - perfect for food harvesting as well as a stunning talking point.
Most Greenwall Systems
- require professional installation
- are not self supporting and need existing structures on which to ‘hang’
- plants grow without any soil or have restricted root space
- plants grow in foam or on capillary felt matting
- prior to installation, plants need weeks of 'training' to grow against gravity
- require extras such as battens, frame surrounds, gutters
- employ hydroponic-type, reticulated irrigation, nutrients
- suitable for grasses, succulents, rockery plants and some herbs
- DIY kit system - instant assembly, no expertise required
- is freestanding or wall mounted - sturdy, long life, galvanised steel structure supports itself
- plants have a massive, unrestricted soil volume
- plants grow in a traditional way - in potting media or soil
- plants grow 'naturally' in a horizontal plane in tiered 'retainers'
- no extra structures required- system comes as a complete kit
- includes simple irrigation system, can be hand watered/fertilised
- suitable for all plants, most vegetables and herbs, except trees and large 'woody' varieties
What are you looking for in your vertical garden or Greenwall? What is your vertical gardening vision?
If you seek a lush wall of living green for a stunning 'wow' factor that is low maintenance, this sturdy, steel system will give years of reliable performance. If you delight in physically ‘gardening’ you will find the Garsy® Greenwall a joy to plant and garden in - with easy access for those with limited physical abilities. A trowel is all you need to plant your favourite plants and of course, replace them as often as you like, as the seasons roll on. Yes, steel Greenwalls are heavier than lightweight plastic but the pay off is longevity, durability and reliable performance.
Snip your fresh herbs and salad greens moments before dinner and enjoy the sensory benefits of greenery that a Garsy® Greenwall brings to the tiniest of courtyards or high density living environment. With a Garsy® Greenwall, you can instantly transform half a square metre of ground space into 2 square metres of gardening area or grace a building frontage in glowing green.